Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

04/09/2011

Cross stitched buttons - photo tutorial

Hello, stitchy friends :)

I was repairing a cushion that was torn, and the buttons were also missing. So I made some. Here is how.

The cushion looked like this:

Photobucket

Then I did this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

The white buttons were used with their rounded half outside. I stitched a running stitch around them and pulled it tight.

Photobucket

These are the buttons at the front:

Photobucket

and the back:

Photobucket

The back is quite messy but it doesn´t matter if you sew them on a cushion that is pulled together in the middle. If you want to use similar buttons on a flat surface, you should buy a button-making kit. I have never tried them but would love to.

And the final result:

Photobucket



I have also started stitching the blackwork sampler. Half of part 1 is done. It is good that I tried it out because again I noticed a mistake. When you draw a repetitive pattern, it is done with copy and paste, and it is so easy to go one or two stitches off. I have put up the corrected version but I am not 100% happy with it, I should have realised it earlier. But this is how it will stay for me - if you want, you can make adjustment on the black zigzag line, so it is centered. Or tell me if you want it, I can draw another version.

I am using DMC 310 and 221 on a lovely light green hand died linen. Unfortunately, in the photo the fabric doesn´t show. Sorry about the hoop marks, I ironed it but they will not disappear properly until I wash it.

Photobucket

Is there anyone stitching it?

Some more news about myself: here in Sweden it is almost like autumn, at least like autumn at home. We have been picking mushrooms and bilberries.


Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope, dear friends, that you are all well and been stitching/knitting/crocheting happily. Hope to see you soon. :)








1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

Stunning stitching!
I am sure the bilberries are delicious. They are delicious in Finland. They're my favorite berries. Other berry I love very much is raspberry. Raspberries and bilberries are something incredible, when you eat them together.