Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

18/09/2011

Blackwork sampler - part 3 - I have finished it.

I am so glad, I got some really nice feedback about the blackwork sampler, although noone had time to stitch it right now. I, however, could not stop myself, I enjoyed stitching it so much. I almost forgot how much I like blackwork.

So first, here is the second part finished:

Photobucket


I am giving you the third and final part now:

Photobucket

The first lines are herringbone stitches.

And this is what it looks like in my version:

Photobucket

And finally, a picture of the whole. I finished the sides with hemstitching, this was the first time I did it, and it went quite well. I was so proud of myself. When I was all finished, I realised that I miscounted somehow and on one side the margin I left was wider than on the other. So had to frog it, cut it and re-stitch again, but that didn´t turn out so well because I had to fold it on the line of the previous withdrawn threads, and became a bit wobbly. I am not very happy about it but there is not much I can do about it now. It will teach me not to be too proud of myself. :-/

Photobucket

2 comments:

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Agi, I just discovered your Blackwork Sampler today, and it is absolutely gorgeous!

Definitely going on my TBS (To Be Stitched) list, even if I can only manage some of the bands as bookmarks :) Thanks very much for this lovely pattern, and congratulations on your beautiful finish (the hemstitching doesn't look wonky at all, at least from here; and you should be very proud)!

MysteryKnitter said...

Be proud of your skills! You can stitch and design!